Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Technology gets the better of us


My husband, known in the blogosphere as Airhead 55, posted this classic photo yesterday but for some reason the comments section on his blog went bye-bye. Neither of us is technically-oriented, so we're not sure what happened.
So if you would like to comment on this snapshot from the 1950s, feel free to do it here and I will relay the message. ;-)
In an effort to get readers for Airhead, I am thoughtfully providing the link: http://airhead55-ralph.blogspot.com/

The smiling miniature men in hats and short pants apparently are named Phillip and Marty. That's the only information we have on the back of the photo. All I know is, it's a keeper!

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Maybe my eyes are failing me, but what is that behind Phil and Marty?

Patti said...

no clue - maybe a fold-up table?

Patti said...

an extra-large, family-size snack table?

Joan said...

Geez...maybe they're really Spin and Marty before they went off to visit the dude ranch! I guess Phil decided his name just wasn't cool enough when he became a teen.

Patti said...

don't get the reference, Joan. sorry .

Joan said...

Spin and Marty were 2 characters from a live action mini-series which appeared on the Mickey Mouse Club in the 1950's. I guess I'm showing my age!

Patti said...

I watched the Mickey Mouse Club then don't remember them. :=(

Michael C said...

It reminds me of a young Ricky and Fred getting ready to put on a big song and dance number.
;-)

allegra said...

we will never know the true identity of phil and marty, haha...i love this picture!

Lynn said...

This kind of reminds me of the old T.V. show "What's My Line?". Will the real Phil and Marty please stand up?

Patti said...

Lynn - It's nice to know someone else who remembers "What's My Line?" besides my mother.

Lynn said...

Please, oh please tell me that it is YOU and your mother and me, who remember that show...not just me and your mother.

Patti said...

That's what I meant to say. My mother and I used to watch the show. In black and white, of course.