Thursday, April 5, 2007

Them bones

Spring is here and it's my favorite season.
As our cloudy April continues, I long for, well, May. Ah, the merry month of May...
Raise your hand if you can tell I don't have anything special to blog about.

Well, on second thought, I did have a bit of a health jolt Monday when I took part in an osteoporosis screening. I was doing a story on a new mobile health resource center van thingymabob, when my nurse friend asked me if I wanted to check my bone quality.
I said sure, and promptly placed my bare right foot on this vibrating piece of ultrasound equipment. The vibration was pleasant, and the machine even got warm.

But then, voila! Bad news.
My bone quality is below normal.
The numbers didn't look good to my friend. WAAAAH! She gave me the printout and told me to call my physician.
I must do that soon.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Been there, done that...had a bone screening through my doctor, with not great results. Now take Fosamax, every single week, and calcium, every single day. Let me know what your doctor says.

Patti said...

Oh wow...maybe I'll be taking that as well.
Thanks for commiserating.

Joan said...

When I had my bone density test, I was told that, while my spine is OK, I'm beginning to show some bone loss in my hips...swell. No Fosamax yet but I'm guessing it's in my future.

Patti said...

Bone loss stinks, that's my take on this situation guys!