Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Keep on snackin'

Marge Simpson: "I hope you all saved room, because I made your favorite dessert. Storebought snack cakes. Both kinds!"

What a mom. My kind of mom.
The Simpsons always make me giggle.
I started thinking about snacks and was reminded of this site, http://www.taquitos.net/
after visiting Sari over at thegeekinside.blogspot.com.



This morning Sari posted about her little boy actually pondering the earth-shattering question she posed to him while packing his lunch: Cheetos or Doritos?
So adorable.
So I was inspired to look at the aforementioned snack site, and found the quotes from the Simpsons regarding food.
Now I am really procrastinating.
Need.to.get.up.from.computer........

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Not sure where to answer what. Do I comment on yesterday's today? Or respond on the spot where it was blogged? Blogger ettiquit.....oh my.
Love "Leave it to beaver" too! My oldest daughter always asked me why I wasn't a normal mom like all her friends' moms. I always thought of Joan Cleaver when she'd ask that.
Those 2 little boys from the 50's are just too cute. Thanks for showing my loggerhead turtle. They are endangered. And at the moment I'm trying to decide which snacks give the best crunch so I'll eat them instead of smoking a ciggerette. Great blogging Patti!

Patti said...

Thanks for reading, Cindy.
You should start blogging!
I will post a link to your site
;-)

Lynn said...

If it's a choice between doritos and cheetos, cheetos wins every time but only if they're the puffs (not the crunchy ones, unless the doritos are sour cream...oh my what a dilemna!

Patti said...

I prefer the puffs as well - but Jax remain my favorite.

sari said...

I am definately a Cheetos puff girl, myself.

And we don't always have such a wonderful selection of JUNK for lunch, but every once in a while I like to freak them out and I get some. ;-)

Lynn said...

Joan and I both want to know...what is "jax"?

Joan said...

Yep...I'm here too. And my vote is for Cheetos...but only the crunchy kind. Eating Cheetos is what got me through my undergraduate years...chocolate chip cookie batter got me my Masters! ;~D

Patti said...

Lynn: I think Bachman Jax may be a regional thing. I don't have any Bachman snack products in the pantry at the moment but in my opinion they make the best cheesy doodly things!
Homer thinks so too.
They also make pretzels, etc.

Ralph said...

What is this bias against deep-fried crunchy cheese bombs? Baked instead of fried???

Lynn said...

Ralph - no bias...just discerning taste which prefers the air in the puffs.