Saturday, April 28, 2007

What are you gonna do? It was the 80s

It's almost our 21st wedding anniversary and in honor of the day I am waxing poetic about Lionel Richie.
When my husband and I first met, it seemed like every other song on the radio was a Lionel Richie hit from 1983 from his second album, "Can' t Slow Down."
We used to listen to : "Penny Lover," "All Night Long," "Hello," "Stuck on You," "Penny Lover," "All Night Long," "Hello," and "Stuck on You." And it was probably ad nauseam, now that I start to think about it in hindsight.
Or maybe the titles could all be rolled into one: "Hello, Penny Lover, I'm Stuck on You All Night Long."

Well, I hope she likes him, or it could be a l-o-n-g night for her.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I don't know if you'll still want to be a blog "sister"...but I never liked Lionel Richie. Good thing that both you and Homer were compatible in the Lionel Richie dept. :~)

allegra said...

"all night long" is a great song!

Patti said...

That's ok, Lynn. You probably like music that I don't care for. To each her own.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy anniversary! sarge and i will celebrate 40 next january!

smiles, bee

Joan said...

I wasn't much of a Lionel Ritchie fan either but, quite frankly, I wasn't much of a 1980's music fan. I was still listening to the Beatles way back then!

Michael C said...

Every song from that album is good! A true 80s masterpiece.

Patti said...

Empress bee: Thanks for the wishes.
Joan : well, to each her own. But we love the Beatles too!!

Michael: I agree with you.

sari said...

I love Lionel! Hello and All Night Long are some of my favorites!