Monday, April 23, 2007

Good news! ;~)


I have some good news to share.
Our niece and her husband were able to take their baby boy home on Saturday.
Adam Michael was born prematurely Feb. 26. He weighed just 2 lbs., 12 oz.
Now they have him at home. What a wonderful way for them to welcome spring here in Connecticut! Saturday's weather was perfect for taking a little one out in the fresh air.
Adam's grandma told me he was going to the pediatrician today for his first visit. Wonder how he likes riding in the car? I imagine it would put him to sleep...

8 comments:

allegra said...

can't wait to see him!

Patti said...

he is now over 6 pounds!

Lynn said...

Wow, that is great news!

Patti said...

thanks, Lynn. Didn't think it would be so soon, since he wasn't due until May 23.
I guess he's a little fighter.

Joan said...

Can't to see new photos of him taken in his very own home...how wonderful!!!

Michael C said...

Our twins were born prematurely at 34 weeks and were hospitalized for a month before they came home. That was 4 1/2 years ago and now they act like they are 45.

sari said...

That's great! I'm sure they're all thrilled to be home!

Patti said...

Joan: I'm waiting for photos too!
I'll keep you posted.

Michael: Lucy and Ethel must have been pretty tiny. I've never actually seen a preemie. All the babies I've known have been "large," to be pronounced like Olive Oyl said it when Robin Williams played Popeye (think it was 1980). So now they act older than dad, huh?

Sari: thanks for the good wishes.