Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pursuit of health can be relaxing...zzzzz

Yesterday I got a chair massage. And boy did it feel good.
I did a story about a health fair that featured everything from medical doctors and yoga instructors to insurance agents. Several massage therapists were on hand (no pun intended) to give free massages.
It felt good to kneel down on a padded contraption, close my eyes and relax as someone kneaded my tense back and neck muscles. I've had this done before (for free!) but it has been several years.
I guess that is one of my job "perks," which are few in number.
Maybe next I can find a manicurists' convention to write about and get a free manicure and pedicure while I'm at it.

8 comments:

Joan said...

I've never had a massage...except from Hubby. He keeps wanting to send me to a spa for the full treatment but I keep saying "no." I know...I'm just plain nuts!

Lynn said...

You are one lucky woman! I love massages and would be in my bliss if I could afford to have a massage daily, or even weekly for that matter...fine I'd settle for monthly, but alas there is no massage in my near future:~(

Patti said...

Joan - Never?? you must

Lynn - I get a few perks w/this job. You should hint around... Mother's Day is coming.

Joan said...

Truly...never! I know that spas are very discreet but I have this body image thing that makes me shy. I know, I know...I should just get over it and accept Hubby's generous offer. Maybe someday...

Patti said...

Joan - I hope someday comes soon for you. It sounds like you have time for doing fun stuff, like going to a spa, especially if hubby is willing to pay for it.

;-)

Lynn said...

I keep telling Joan's hubby that if he really wants to pay for a spa day (and sis doesn't want one), that I would graciously step in for my sister...isn't that generous of me?...I thought so.

Michael C said...

If I ever get to write professionally, I'm definitely writing about the luxuries of being a NASCAR driver or maybe BBQ. I could definitely deal with those perks ;-)

Patti said...

Capital idea, Lynn! Most generous of you to step in. Your brother-in-law sounds like a great guy.
;~)

Michael: I understand that NASCAR is your passion...but BBQ? What am I missing?