Thursday, April 19, 2007

Changing places


What a relaxing vacation I've been having this week.
Well, not really.
I have been in the office (briefly) for three out of the last four days. Not because I'm indispensable, but because we are relocating and I have been going through stuff, throwing some of it out and bringing some of it home.
Actually, the company is closing our suburban bureau, which is in a storefront downtown.
There will be no more people stopping in and asking us directions to the Post Office, or City Hall, or Wal-Mart.
The UPS guy will have to find the new dog grooming palace on his own.
And I won't be seeing the regular cast of crazies walking by, some who smile and wave and some who seem to just talk to themselves and answer back.
The only somewhat good thing to come of this change is that I will be working from home.
Since I'm not full-time (read that not making much money) it would hardly be worth my while to drive many miles to the main office, or mother ship as some used to affectionately call it.

Now I will have to get into my car to go get a steaming cup of my favorite soup, pasta e fagioli, with some Italian bread for lunch. The combination of beans and pasta in a tomato-based, garlicky broth and warm bread gives me the boost I need to meet deadline each day.

Change can be good, I know. Now it's time that I embrace it.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

are you going to have to make the soup yourself now? i love it too...

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

Why is it that after reading your post and your hubby's post that I am always so hungry?

On the bright side, look at all the gas you'll be saving ;~)

Patti said...

bee: tee hee. isn't pasta fazool the best?

Lynn: I guess we like food, be it cold cereal or soup. We also write about cooking together once a month for a friend who edits a food site. That would make you really hungry.
Homer is quite the cook.

Joan said...

Working at home does have it benefits...there's nothing like sitting in front of your computer with your PJs on. I should know...I telecommuted on occasion and spent a great deal of time in my comfy pajamas. Good thing I didnt have to communicate with work by webcam!

Patti said...

true, Joan. But I will be out and about to "news gather" so I will have to change out of the PJs once in a while.