Friday, March 23, 2007

Woulda, coulda, shoulda

I am in the midst of trying to decide how to use my skills in a new career that will be more satisfying (read: something that pays).
I have one skill, and you are experiencing it right now. My writing. I no can do anything else.
Not that I know of.

I need to do something to put these skills to better use.
As a journalist who writes daily, I am used to writing for a potential audience of thousands. (Eek!)
With this blog, I have about three readers who do not know me personally, either by blood, (hi kids!) marriage (hey, Homer! how goes it, Michele?) or friendship.
Ah yes, friends and family. Ever loyal, thank goodness.

It has been an interesting week. My husband's colonscopy to determine cause of a medical problem and my job-related issues (see earlier entry) are big deals, I'd say.
Change is inevitable, but oh, so scary.

9 comments:

sari said...

Reader #4 checking in.

Hope you can figure something out that you like to do and is close to home and convenient with your family schedule.

Best wishes!

Patti said...

thanks, Sari for the wishes -
and thanks for visiting

Lynn said...

Is there something having to do with writing that you can do from home? Keep using your creative mind and I am sure that you will think of something.

Patti said...

Lynn - Merci for the moral support.
And tell Twelve I don't think water floats.

Ask her why we drive on a parkway and we park on a driveway.

Lynn said...

Oooooh my brain hurts. I will ask Twelve the question, but first I will have to explain to her what a parkway is :~)

Joan said...

There must be something a talented writer like you can do to earn a living while staying close to home. I'm sure, if we all put our heads together, we should be able to come up with a solution!

Patti said...

you guys are the best!
Lynn, I forgot you don't have parkways in your state...from what I have seen on TV and in the movies, freeways are it.
Do you have turnpikes? Kind of a quaint term, now that I think about it.

Joan, thank you for your confidence in yours truly.

Lynn said...

No turnpikes in my neck of the woods. Our freeways so resemble parking lots, that they could be aptly named Parkways.

Patti said...

My husband said he has driven on the 91 toll road (he went to the '84 Olympics before I met him) which he said is like a turnpike.