Monday, March 5, 2007

But my hair isn't blue

On a much lighter subject, today I want to share something. I guess it's a confession, of sorts.
A few years ago, I started calling my dear husband "Homer."
It's not his given name. Not even his middle name.

I really don't know how this started. And I somehow use a different voice when I say the name.

Except for "The Simpsons," I don't watch any sitcoms, or TV dramas, or sports, for that matter.
My viewing mainly consists of news, The History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Food Network, and Turner Movie Classics. Love the black and white movies from the 30s and 40s.

Anyone else want to confess?

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Are you sure that you don't mean Homer as in the Iliad and the Odyssey?

Patti said...

no ma'am

I mean the one who works at the nuclear power plant.

Joan said...

I've been deep in thought trying to come up with something to confess but, I have to confess, nothing brilliant is making its way to the surface. ;-)

Patti said...

Joan,
so no guilty pleasures?

Ok then.

sari said...

I love the Simpsons.

One of the things my family does all the time, is when something funny happens we say "hah hah!" like Nelson.

If you're not a Simpsons fan, you won't understand that, but if you are, it's funny.

We just can't help it.

Patti said...

thank you, Sari. I'm glad I'm not the only grown woman who likes "The Simpsons."
Patty and Selma crack me up.