Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bizzy day

A day without blogging is a day without... Fill in the blank.
Yesterday I took a vacation day, but it was hardly a vacation (except for the 45-minute afternoon nap I squeezed in).

I picked up Kid One at school (49 miles each way) for her week off. In our house spring break does not mean going to some sunny clime for a week of partying!!
She and I had diner food (yay!) for lunch. When we got home, Kid Two was here with a friend. OK, no problem, he's a good kid. But I was tired and wanted a nap because Kid Two had a big event last night. So after an hour I took him home. I think he understood.

Kid Two was inducted along with 25 other classmates into the Spanish Honor Society, followed by a delicious dinner for parents and students in the school cafeteria. Hard to believe, I know, but they go all out for these dinners (we've been through it twice before with Kid One two years ago) and it was great.
Definitely ate too much yesterday.

Got home, consoled the cat (he was home alone for three hours!) and basically stayed up past my bedtime.
At least I got that cat nap...

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad you have both "kidlets" with you, for the week at least. Curious...can you really use the words "delicious dinner" and "cafeteria food" in the same sentence? How I envy your "cat nap".

Patti said...

I know, hard to believe that delicious cafeteria food is possible.

Cat naps are wonderful, aren't they?

Joan said...

It must be nice to have Kid One fairly close to home but still far enough away for a little independence training. And I'm curious what type of food was served at a "delicious" cafeteria dinner...I can't begin to imagine.

Patti said...

salad with an unusual dressing, whole wheat rolls, ziti, then beef filets, roasted potatoes, steamed green beans and chocolate cake for dessert

nothing that they normally serve at school