Friday, March 16, 2007

Ready for spring

It's snowing here this morning... and I want spring.

It's March 16 and I'm ready.

I want crocuses, daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths, even if I have to look at them in someone else's yard.
I want to see a robin hopping by. I want to see the lilac bush come back to life along the fence in our side yard.
I want to browse in garden shops and buy fragrant plants that promise to burst into beautiful colors.
I want to plan how I will design this year's small flower garden in our front yard.
And I want to plant a rose bush in our backyard and learn to care for it so that it blooms and thrives.

I've always loved this painting, Renoir's "Girl with A Watering Can," which he painted in 1876. And I wanted to share it. This sweet-looking jeune fille seems happy to be in the garden on a spring day.

Anyone else ready for spring?

3 comments:

Joan said...

For those of us without much of a winter this year, spring would be nice. Unfortunately, we seem to have moved right into summer this week. Maybe we'll "spring" back next week.

Lynn said...

It's in the 80's here today and will continue in the high 70's to low 80's until sometime next week...then it will "cool down" to the high 60's. I'm still waiting for winter!

Patti said...

Wow - it sure is warm there.

Hope you two get a real spring after your summer in March!