Saturday, March 31, 2007

We call her the folderer

We made up a new word in our family. It wasn't the first time.
My mother is a lifesaver in the laundry department around here.
When she comes over to visit her grandson in the afternoon, one of the things she likes to do is fold clean laundry.
So naturally I make sure to make some available to her. On a daily basis.
She tells me she enjoys freshly folded clothes, sheets and towels.
Her work is appreciated around here. Husband says the crisp fold lines in his T-shirts and undershirts are out-of-the-package amazing.

My mother came up with the name "the folderer," and it fits her!


I knew spell check wouldn't go for that noun, but sometimes you have to make up your own vocabulary, don't you?

3 comments:

Joan said...

I definitely need your mom's help. For the life of me, I cannot seem to fold fitted sheets into anything other than a messy ball of fabric. Help!

Lynn said...

I use a gadget that Joan bought for me called a "Flip and Fold". But it is too small for folding sheets and towels...would you consider lending your mom to me??? I promise to send her back.

Patti said...

Joan: I hear you on the fitted sheets. They do get all weird when one attempts to fold them!

Lynn: Sure, she'd like to see the West Coast.