Sunday, July 8, 2007

Getting less tolerant

Today I observed two incredibly stupid drivers. Or maybe I am just losing patience with stupidity.

The first incident happened when this young girl driving a big SUV flies into a parking space near me while simultaneously talking on her cell phone and holding a cigarette.
She must have been controlling the steering wheel with her knees. Such talent.

Then when Ralph was driving I notice this guy coming around a curve toward us driving an old mini-van with the left-hand slider open behind him. I must admit I have never seen this done before.
Granted it's close to 90 degrees here in Connecticut today, and his A/C must be broken, but there was a passenger in the back seat. It just looked incredibly stupid. And dangerous.

Maybe I am just being too critical.

7 comments:

Sarah Caron said...

Connecticut is wrought with bad drivers. Hence the constant I-95 sludge drive . . .

The thing that always irks me is the rubbernecking traffic. Um hello! Just because there is an accident ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD doesn't mean you should slow down and stare, causing a million mile back up!!!

Morons.

Joan said...

Stupid drivers seem to be a national curse and we here in Southern California seem to have more than our fair share. I guess all our sun and heat have somehow fried their brains. Grrrr.....

Oh...a little award is waiting for you at my blog. Congratulations!

Lynn said...

I can't believe the number of idiots that I encounter daily. If everyone could be perfect drivers like us, the world would definitely be a better place.

Patti said...

S, J and L: aren't bad drivers just too annoying? Makes me want to stay off the roads, stay home and blog.

the moose buyer said...

Joan is right, we do have our fair share of lousy drivers here in So. Calif. Of course you can tell from the news, a lot of them are stars - Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchy, Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan but the rest of the bad driver peasants just don't make the news.

Patti said...

Moosie, glad your blog is back today.
;-)
Just left a comment.

sari said...

Yes, I think bad drivers are a universal problem. I'm surprised that people actually REMEMBER that they're driving sometimes, they're doing so many other things.