Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday on Monday

Just a bit more about Sunday. I promise it won't be too boring.
When we got off the highway in downtown Hartford, I snapped away as best I could during a rain/sleet storm.
I didn't think much of this first photo until I noticed one of Airhead's (stuffed) bears on the dashboard in front of me. The flash made the bear all washed-out looking, yet the reflection in the windshield is nearly perfect. I thought that was cool. So I decided to share the photo.

Below we have the Soldiers and Sailors Arch, a historic monument in Bushnell Park in Hartford, which I wrote about here. Those turrets attract the eye, don't they? I must go there some nice warm day and play the part of a tourist.


Below are rain drops on the windshield sparkling in the lights from oncoming cars. I thought they were rather pretty.That's my post and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry I haven't been over to visit since last week - it was that whole LONG weekend at work thing and now here it is, 11:45 at night and I'm trying to catch up when I really ought to be in bed and probably will be soon!

Yesterday was a good day to be stuck at work for 16 hours as the weather was truly lousy. Would have been a great day to stay home and nap and drink hot chocolate, too, but I see you were out and about taking some lovely pictures instead!

Helen Bennett Harvey said...

love the windshield!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh so cold looking! yikes! it was supposed to be 48 here this morning but is only 60. i am cold anyway!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mimi Lenox said...

I like your sparkly splashes.