Sunday, December 21, 2008

Children make Christmas special

Vintage Christmas greetings ~
Isn't she sweet? Reminds me of myself when I was about 4 or 5. I loved dolls, and actually I still do.

Santa Claus takes the train and gives his eight reindeer a break. I'm guessing this card has a Christmas message. I must use online translator to figure out.

Santa never forgets the children.

This kiddo is sadly mistaken. No Santa?
I think he is a misguided lad.

And this last one I post in honor of Airhead 55 ~ Ralph just loves fixed-wing aircraft. That's why I named him Airhead 55, of course.

7 comments:

Dianne said...

each one of these is so lovely

I really like the train :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

regarding the one with the doll, when i was little i always took off the head to see what made the eyes close and then it never worked right after that...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

The inscription on the second card is Czech for "Merry Christmas". "Vesele" is not too different from the Russian "vyesoliy" for "happy".

These are nice antique Christmas cards ...

Your cousin

maryt/theteach said...

These are just beautiful, Patti! :)

Patti said...

Dianne: Aren't they? I like the train too. Nice illustration.

Bee: Our daughter always seemed to have headless dolls lying around too.

Dennis: Merci!

Mary: I really enjoy them.

Linda said...

They just don't make things like they used to - including Christmas greetings. These are lovely!

storyteller said...

Yup ... the vintage cards are nifty. Sorry about the headless figurine. Maybe glue will fix it?
Hugs and blessings,