Tuesday, December 30, 2008

* ~ Important seasonal info ~ *

I opened a box of candy canes yesterday and when I turned it over, I found some scintillating information about the red and white, twisted and striped, peppermint -flavored, cane-shaped candy.

And I quote: "Of all the beautiful traditions of Christmas, few are as ancient in meaning and rich in symbolism as the tradition of the Candy Cane."

Betcha didn't know that!

I'm not going to retype the entire thing here, but I'll share the final paragraph:
"Candy canes on the Christmas tree symbolize the shepherds in the fields on that first Christmas night - shepherds who heard the angel chorus and come to worship at the crib of the newborn King."

This last line brings us back to reality: "Most of all, they are an inexpensive and delightful Christmas treat for the family."
Well alrighty, I guess I can agree with that. Lots of info on that 99-cent box of candy canes, right?

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love them!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

I didn't know that but now that you write it, it makes perfect sense!