Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Meme accomplished, sort of

I was one of the folks Empress Bee tagged with this meme last Thursday.
It's supposed to be "Ten lies my mother told me." I had a lot of trouble with this.
But she did tell me:

1) If you cross your eyes, they'll stay like that.
2) If you put your hair behind your ears, it will make your ears stick out.
3) If you watch TV in a dark room it will be bad for your eyes.
4) I heard Santa's reindeer up on the roof last night, didn't you?
5) I heard the Easter Bunny's big feet stomping around in the living room last night, didn't you?

That's all I could come up with right now...Guess she didn't lie to me much.
This exercise leaves me to wonder if my own two children could come up with 10 lies I've told them.
Eek.

I tag The Moose Buyer, (I call her Moosie) and Odat.

12 comments:

Odat said...

lol those are the same ones my Mom told me!!!! I saw this meme and thought it was cute..thanks for the tag..It'll give me something for tomorrow....
Peace

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good answers honey! mine was hard too but for other reasons...

smiles, bee

Patti said...

odat: did your mom grow up in N.J. like mine?

bee: thank you ~ it was difficult to remember stuff!

the moose buyer said...

I can't think if a lot that you didn't have but I do have two not on your list and I will do the meme.

I guess this means thatour moms were pretty honest with us most of the time.

Patti said...

Moosie: I guess they were. ;-)
Mine is sitting right here, should I ask her?

the moose buyer said...

I am sure you mom would tell you that everything she said was absolute truth.

I did the meme but I have no idea how to pass it on.

Patti said...

Moosie: just choose someone (you have 2 bloggin' cousins!) and link to them.
If you don't know how to link, I'm not sure I can 'splain it simply. Just type the name, then highlight, the go to the link icon in your task bar, put the URL in the space (i.e. http://atiredmama.blogspot.com) and
then it will be linked!
I hope.

the moose buyer said...

Patti, I have lived in 2 separate countries, Canada and the U.S. I have no idea what language you are talking!!!

I have absolutely got to get together with Joan for a day and get my act together.

Joan said...

I just did this one too and it WAS hard to come up with so many motherly lies. Damn...I forgot about the "cross your eyes" one!

Patti said...

moosie: it's not that foreign, really

joan: you heard that one too, huh?
:-)

Lynn said...

I've heard all of those lies too. Are you sure that our mother's weren't sisters?

Patti said...

Lynn: it must be the era that they grew up in ;-)