Wednesday, August 8, 2007

On Target

Yesterday I did a story at our shiny new Target. (Yay we now have a Tar-Jay!)
The big box was built on a remediated brownfield site and our Governor (that would be M. Jodi Rell for you non-Nutmeggers) came to town and ceremonially signed a law about brownfield site cleanups. The law had already gone into effect July 1.
And who can be opposed to cleaning up contaminated parcels of land? Not I.

It was probably 95 degrees in the noonday sun. And there were about 100 folks there to see the guv. I don't know how my blog friends in sunny climes like Southern California and Arizona stand all the heat. I can't.
Won't somebody please make it October?

9 comments:

the moose buyer said...

we don't have the muggy heat so it's a lot more bearable. That said, I would go to be part of the new Target (did they offer gift certificate door prizes like they did in our town?) but I sure wouldn't go see our famous Governator.

Patti said...

The governator? And why not????

Mahala said...

Yeah I vote for October too. It's craziness!!

Linda said...

I'm with you on this one - bring on the Fall, I have had more than enough of this hot, hazy, humid summer stuff!

Patti said...

Mahala: Isn't it awful? And it's hotter where you are I imagine!


Today is rather steamy in Ct., isn't it Linda?

Lynn said...

Actually, last night, while out by the pool, I commented that it felt like Fall. (it was chilly and crisp). Did you go shopping/browsing after you covered the opening?

Patti said...

Homer was with me, we went inside and got Iced Tea lemonade at Starbucks - free - and I interviewed folks.

Joan said...

Ooooh...Starbucks Iced Tea Lemonade...one of my favorite cool drinks! Yes...I vote for October too but only if it's cool...we've had our share of warm autumns out here in SoCal.

the moose buyer said...

Patti, California is facing so many problems with high living costs, gasoline, traffic, illegals and who should pay for their medical (I don't care if they are illegal, no children should be refused treatment). I don't think any Governor of this state can please even half the people.