Friday, August 17, 2007

Sandwich struggle

I was concerned about my mental state Wednesday afternoon, after that car episode I had.

Now it's Friday afternoon and I just did another really dumb thing.
And my concern is growing.
I just made grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches (on 100% whole wheat bread) in the waffle maker.
Without meaning to.

When it smelled ready and I pulled up the lid, I was surprised to see the bread had all these little squares on it. Kinda waffle-ish.
Then the light bulb went *off* in my head. I couldn't believe I had used the wrong appliance.

Now I am really getting concerned about my mind. It apparently lives at someone else's house, it doesn't seem to be anywhere near here.

The sandwich maker I was supposed to use is pictured below.
Notice it's white; the waffle maker is black.
One would think I would be able to tell them apart.

But I guess that is a lot to ask of me this week.
Is it stress? Tiredness?

It may be a good thing that I am off from work today; I believe it may be time for an afternoon nap.

13 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i make cornbread in the wafflemaker sometimes. sarge likes the crusty part so he gets "all crust" when i do that!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

but you mean to do that. I didn't mean to
:-(
waaaaaah!

Anonymous said...

Other than the mess in the waffle maker, the sandwich looked good. Bet it tasted good too.

My griddle reverses to a waffle maker, so I better watch which side I'm using from now on!

Joan said...

Don't sweat the small stuff. My mom's Geriatrics doctor insists it's a normal part of the aging process AND a result of waaaaay too much stress in our lives. I like his explanation better than mine which is that I'm always thinking I'm going nuts. Ain't growing old grand?!?!?

Patti said...

Lynne: the mess is the best part! Burnt cheeeze.
Thanks for stopping by ~

Joan: I also like what the doctor said - we have too much of the S word!

I always think I'm losing it.

Linda said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else is making simple screw-ups on a regular basis - I don't feel so much like The Lone Ranger! Granted, I've yet to climb into the wrong side of the car or make a sandwich in the waffle maker but there are little things here and there that are driving me nuts - like going upstairs and not for the life of me remembering why or standing in front of an open refrigerator with no clue why I am standing there. It's kind of scary to think I'm losing my mind but I guess when it's fully gone I won't even notice!

Patti said...

Yes, Linda, that is a comforting thought that we probably won't notice when it is gone completely.

:-)

Lynn said...

I'm thinking that your subconscious wanted you to 'think outside the box' and have a new line of work finding alternate uses for appliances. (Doesn't that sound better than losing your mind?)

Patti said...

Lynn: that is brilliant!

Mahala said...

LOL that sounds like me!

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti Patti Patti.....waffles, toasts, bagels, white bread, wheat bread....REALLY!! What difference doth it make?

Sigh.

The important thing is you didn't burn the house down.

Patti said...

Mahala: scary, isn't it?

Mimi: you have a point, Miss Pencil Skirt

Odat said...

OMG that sounds like something I would do! LOL...How did they taste?
Peace