Saturday, August 18, 2007

Culinary tidbits

The other evening I attended a Coddled Cook (if you get my drift) party at a friend's house. It was the first one she ever hosted, and she did a great job. She is an artist and her air-conditioned backyard studio was an ideal location for the festivities.
My mother came with me. It was fun to get out and socialize.
The presenter created an almond-flavored pastry filled with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. With chopped nuts on top. Yum.

I ordered a black plastic thingamabobby for Homer. It's for when he cooks chili and spaghetti sauce and uses a frying pan to break up and brown ground beef or ground turkey, and all that sort of stuff.
Or I can even borrow it, if and when the culinary spirit moves me.
I also got him a jar of cracked peppercorn and garlic "rub." My mother bought him a bread knife. We have a bread maker and the new knife should be just the thing. Homer should enjoy his new toys, we hope.
I would have loved the steak knife set, but it was pricey. Oh well.

10 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I would have no idea what to do with peppercorn and garlic rub.
What DO you do with peppercorn and garlic rub???!!

Lynn said...

Do I need a black plastic thingamabobby? Um what exactly is it? About a year ago, I ordered a great small spatula from a friend who went to a Coddled Cook party. I absolutely love it. How nice and thoughtful both you and your mom were, I'm sure that Homer will appreciate his gifts.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i'm with mimi, what DO you do with it? and what IS a black plastic thingamabobby? inquiring minds want to know. you know. ha ha

smiles, bee

Patti said...

I'm sure he will. And you definitely need one...
;-)

Patti said...

Bee: you break up ground meat with the thingamabobby when browning it.

Hey, I had to order something.

Odat said...

I wonder how chili would taste if ya make it in the waffle maker???
;-)
Peace

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

No waffle maker accidents? I understand that scary stress displacement. It usually passes -- like gas.

Dan said...

It's 11:19pm and my stomach is growling. Help!!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today. That was very sweet of you!

(Off to the fridge.)

the moose buyer said...

Since I can't cook a lick, I don't have all the kitchen gadgets. Well the egg timer and bagel slicer from "The Pampered Chef" are great!!

Patti said...

Odat ~ that could be messy, no?

PK ~ appreciate the understanding and commiseration.

Dan ~ I'll be back.

Moosie ~ you figured out my code ;-)