Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tar-jay

Yep, our shiny new red bull's-eye store is now open. It's only 1.8 miles from our house. Yippee!
The opening is fast becoming one of the highlights of my summer, outside of blogging.

I am not as organized as I used to be, because I ended up having to go there twice in one afternoon.
First I went with Kid One, who needed stuff for a week at camp. Then, surprise, surprise, for Kid Two, who also needed stuff for a week at camp.
She's already there and Kid Two and I are waiting for Ralph to get back from driving up hill and over dale (or is that down dale?) from taking her there.
And we are in the middle of a thunderstorm. Loud stuff and lightning.
Bye for now...

7 comments:

Mahala said...

I love Tar-jay!! Unfortunatly the closest one is over an hour away.

Lynn said...

Our closest Tar-jays are 15 miles in either direction from us, but that never stops us. In fact even though Twelve and I spent 2 hours in a Tar-jay this afternoon, looking for 'stuff', we are going out to dinner tonight, and will go to the Target store right next to the restaurant after dinner. We are sick, sick people.

Patti said...

Mahala: sorry it's so far away

Lynn: Maybe you can get a part-time job there. ;-)

Lynn said...

Getting paid to spend time in that store might be fun except, if I got a job there, I know that I would end up spending my entire paycheck there.

Joan said...

We just passed our closest Tar-jay (not more than 3 miles away) which is closed for a complete re-build. The walls are up, the roof is on and maybe, just maybe, they'll re-open on time this fall. I can hardly wait!!!

Patti said...

Lynn: sounds addictive!
Joan: hope the construction goes quickly.

the moose buyer said...

I love Tar-Jay which we have.I even like the K-Mart in our town. I do not, however, have any use for Wal-mart!!!

Patti, Lynn would absolutely spend not only her entire paycheck but more!!!!