Sunday, July 15, 2007

Money is just a tool, he tells me - Part 2

As anyone who knows my husband and me is aware, we love each other and actually think alike much of the time. Safe to say we get along well, like two peas in a pod.
Having gotten those niceties out of the way, I will press on.
Ralph is currently unemployed, yet he just purchased a camera for the four of us to enjoy. EEK.
I admit it's very nice. It's a Canon. I tried it out. I like. And the old one was not working well at all any more.
Here is a photo taken this morning of our first tiger lily of the summer.
Usually they bloom in early August...

I am trying to take this unemployment status in my stride. We've been down this road before and survived.
But if it were up to me, I wouldn't have plunked down $$$ right now for a camera.
But that's just me.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh... boys will be boys, won't they?

smiles, bee

Patti said...

EB: yes they will.

Sarah Caron said...

You may think a like, but geez, I am certain that men are just wired completely differently than women. Really! I would never think to make a big purchase when money is tight.

But, enjoy the camera. It certainly takes a beautiful picture!

Patti said...

Sarah: I will enjoy it, now that we have it!

Joan said...

OMG...who knew Ralph and Rick were brothers?!?!!? I just think it's that "boys and their toys" gene which comes alive every so often!

Patti said...

Joan: men don't worry about this stuff the same way we do..

the moose buyer said...

I would be worried too but I have faith that Ralph will find a job he will love soon.

Being someone who hates the interview part of job hunting, my prayers are with him.

In the meantime, enjoy your camera. I love my Canon and hope to learn how to download soon!!!

Patti said...

MB: thanks!