Monday, July 9, 2007

Moi? a schmoozer?

Today I must thank my blog friend Joan
for bestowing the Power of Schmooze Award on me. Gee, I never knew when I started this blogging back in January that I would be getting awards. Pretty nifty, I daresay.

I would like to honor Mimi, the Queen of Memes, Michael C, the King of Fun Reads (I just made that up) and Sari (Geek woman) for the award. I would have honored Lynn (Joan's sister) and Empress Bee but Joan beat me to it.

The award, borrowing from Joan, was created over at Ordinary Folk. Again, borrowing from Joan who borrowed from Linda (who honored her) who borrowed from award creator Mike, here is what the award entails: (hope that all made sense)

Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability "to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection." When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much. My new friend Danielle and I would like to recognize those bloggers who exhibit strong schmoozing skills. In order to do so we've created the new Power of Schmooze award!

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

thanks for thinking of me honey! i have to do that post. maybe tomorrow when we get home!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

OK goody - have a safe trip

sari said...

Thanks, Patti. You know, I was feeling something earlier while I was at the grocery store...I now know what it is! ha ha

Patti said...

Psychic, are we?

Lynn said...

I'm so glad you thought of me...I think you'd be a great person to sit down and schmooze with.

Patti said...

Aw, thanks Lynn. I'm very quiet though.

Michael C said...

Cool!! I like it a lot! Thanks so much!. I'll put up the graphic as soon as possible ;-)
Thanks again and congrats to you!!