Thursday, July 19, 2007

The library files

Following the quiet success of their 2004 film, "The Teens are Up to Something," some local teens are making another 20-minute movie, this one a murder mystery.
And, as an interesting side note for you former librarians (you know who you are) both films take place in a library. And the victim is ... you guessed it.

The reason why these films are near and dear to my heart is because Kid 2 is a valuable member of the crew. He and another boy, who is about a year older, have been involved in both.
Now they have some younger ones (12 and13-ish) to work with, and the two of them are more or less in charge (with guidance from the children's librarian).

I like the idea of a murder mystery "in the stacks." I wonder what would set someone off enough in a library to push them to murder?
Overdue books? Crabby librarians? Too much whispering among patrons?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Guess I will have to wait until the movie comes out.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

How fun and exciting for the kids to be making the movie. I'm guessing I won't have the privilege of seeing the movie on HBO anytime soon. I can think of many reasons that someone would be 'pushed too far' with any of the not-so-helpful 'helping professionals'(dear old sis, excluded). Please don't forget to tell us 'Who did it'.

Patti said...

I will, as soon as I find out. My left ear was just ringing so I knew someone was commenting. I was just over at your cousin's place.

Joan said...

I have such stories to tell...it's no wonder I always kept a keen eye out while sitting at the Reference Desk. It was a dark and stormy night at the library...eeeekkkkk!!!

Rick said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and for including me on your blogroll. When we get back from up north (I know Joan has blogged all about our trip), I promise to continue my Ireland epic!