Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More meme-ing

Mimi, that member of blog royalty who is always writing beautiful prose, tagged me to do a meme that I believe I already did, but since I am avoiding work, I figure why not.

We are supposed to look up our date of birth on Wikipedia and find three events, two births and a holiday that happened on that date.
I'm a Capricorn and was born on Dec. 29 sometime during the last century.

Event #1 - British soldiers burn Buffalo, N.Y. in the War of 1812, even though this event was on Dec. 29, 1813.

Event # 2 - In 1851, the first American YMCA was established in Boston. Three years later, The Village People got together and recorded their huge hit, "Y.M.C.A." OK, maybe not.

Event # 3 - In 1921, William Lyon Mackenzie King became Prime Minister of Canada. Interesting, a king as prime minister.

Two Births: Actress Mary Tyler Moore, 1936, and singer Marianne Faithfull, 1946.

Holiday:
It's right between Christmas and New Year's, isn't that enough?

I shall tag Joan, Lynn, Moose, Ralph and Curmudgeon, Esq.

Take the top name off the list and bump everyone up so that yours can be added to the bottom.
Here's the list:

108th

Starrlight

Big Leather Couch


Mimi Writes


Late Bloomer Boomer

Friends, I hope you do the meme even though you may have possibly, probably, no doubt done it before.

Wow. Two posts this afternoon. And I thought I was having a dry spell.


11 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

You copied from me? Scandalous!
Great meme, Patti. Now, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Don't answer that.
YMCA....ha!

Patti said...

Copy.copy.copy.
No creative ideas in my head. copy.copy.copy.

the moose buyer said...

I will try to do the meme but unfortunately work cuts into my day. I am not sure how to remove the name, however since I don't know how to do half the stuff you guys and my cousins do but I will have the meme information and will give it a shot.

Lynn said...

Thanks...I will do this when I return from camping, unless I get eaten by a bear. I could have sworn that I commented yesterday on this post, but Yahoo was giving my computer a really hard time yesterday, so when I was on blogger, everything was a slow as molassas, and I guess my comment didn't post. (how's that for a run-on sentence?) sigh

Patti said...

Moose: you can do it! (It is actually kinda fun).

Lynn: Please do not get eaten by a bear. And don't let any of your loved ones get eaten by a bear either.

Lynn said...

I'll do my best to stay clear, and keep my loved ones clear of dem bars. (Davey Crockett I'm not)

Patti said...

I feel better, Lynn. And I'm sure your sis and cuz do too!!!

Patti Hobbs said...

I'm the other Patti from Cherie's blog. You want to know the *really* weird thing??? My birtday is the same day as yours: December 29th (1957) The similarities may end there though since I'm definitely NOT a writer.:-)

Patti said...

Patti: Welcome to my humble blog.
That is very weird that we have the same birthday. My daughter was also born on that date in 1988. ;-)

The Curmudgeon said...

Oooops. I didn't see this before. I'll do it tomorrow.

Patti said...

Curm: I just read what you did. A wonderful job, old chap.