Saturday, July 28, 2007

Off to camp they go ...

After tomorrow Ralph and I are going to be alone, sans kids, all week.
Whatever shall we do?

Kid Two is going to enjoy his last opportunity to be a conferee at the church-run camp (he'll be too old next summer) and Kid One is going to be an assistant counselor. She just found out Thursday that there is an opening. Everything is always last minute, it seems.

She's going there this afternoon and he's going tomorrow...It's way out in the country and kind of a long ride, up hill and down dale.

Then it will be just us.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Lucky you...I'm sure that you both will be able to think of something. It's too bad Kid One and Kid Two can't carpool.

Lynn said...

Oh and what exactly does 'down dale' mean?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

rut ro....

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Lynn: over hill, over dale, up hill, down dale?? I dunno. Just me writing in a weird manner.

Bee: Righto, it's gonna be interesting.

Joan said...

I guess you can use this time to practice for when Kid 2 leaves the nest. Enjoy your time together.

Patti said...

Nurse Joan: thanks ~

Linda said...

Right now I wouldn't mind some alone adult time myself but alas, Amanda doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

My oldest son Michael went to this very same camp many years ago and talk about over hill and down dale - try it from the very most Eastern part of the State (who knew Connecticut was SO big???)!

Enjoy your adult time, no doubt it will go by way too fast!

Patti said...

thanks, Linda. Isn't Silver Lake a beautiful place?

Linda said...

Yes, it was gorgeous up there. I really need to get back to that side of the State one of these days!