Thursday, November 20, 2008

We love our cats, but...

we need our seven hours' uninterrupted sleep at night. And we haven't been getting that.
Boo hoo.

Having the kitties around is like having kiddies around, you have to get up during the night and do stuff for them, or find them like at 1:50 a.m. today.
We woke up to scratching sounds, and then it stopped, then more scratching. No mewing, so I thought somebody was just conditioning his claws.

I pulled myself out of bed to get whoever it was to stop. Linus was just sitting on a chair and he looked at me, like "what are you doing up?" Ah ha! It was Rigbert who woke us.
But I couldn't find him. More scratching...finally I opened the door to our daughter's bedroom and he skittered out.
If he had mewed, I would have found him sooner. I don't know how he got in there, the door was latched. But he did and he was stuck in a cold room. Traumatic.
Two minutes later Rigby was between us on the bed, purring and eventually sleeping, falling back to sleep before we did, of course.

We go back to sleep for two hours. At 4:30 Ralph yelled. Rigby's claw had inadvertently caught Ralph's lower lip. Yowch. Rigby ran away.
I got a wet paper towel and Ralph pressed it to his lip. Not much blood. OK, turn off light.
Rigby came back on the bed, followed by his brother. We went back to sleep.
Woke up at 7, no cats on bed.
One of those nights.
The thing is,when Ralph and I are working today, the cats will be lounging kinda like this:









Or this. --->





What a life they lead.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds about right! ha ha ha gotta' love those cats. i still wish i had one...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

They have it made. Im coming back as a cat.

Linda said...

Good grief ... no wonder Amanda has a snake for a pet, it sleeps through the night and no one has to get up for it at all!

I tell ya, there is nothing worse than interrupted sleep especially when the interruptions come at ridiculous hours of the night/morning. Ugh!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Middle of the night, I get clawed and that is when we play cat-a-pault!

RW said...

What a life lol :D