Monday, November 17, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

I couldn't figure out what to photograph this evening for Ruby Tuesday, but it turned out it was right in front of my nose.
Ralph and I like to light a candle or two on the dinner table to create some ambiance. So as I was lamenting the fact I couldn't find anything red around the house, there was my Ruby entry waiting for me.
You can see the some of the letters of the words Yankee Candle in reverse on the glass.

And when I sat down at the computer I remembered photos I took last week of red, white, and blue blankets that a group of church women had knitted and crocheted.
I wrote a story about their efforts. They created 27 blankets which were to be blessed last Sunday and given to patients at the veterans hospital this week. They tied them to the balcony railings to display them.
To see many more Ruby Tuesday entries, or to post a ruby shot of your own, visit Mary T, The Teach. Thanks as always go to Mary for hosting this fun meme.

12 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I love both of these shots. Ambiance...eh? Giggling...

I did the meme. It is here.
http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/2008/11/breaking-news-princess-cheers-cranky.html

Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Patti said...

Thank you, your Highness! You work fast once you get started.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

wow the blanket thing is incredible. and you manage a little romantic candle now and then..lol

Carletta said...

Love Yankee Candles - especially cherry!
The image of all those blankets is beautiful. What a wonderful endeavor.

Dianne said...

Patti the church shot is fantastic!!

such a warm feeling yet the church is so elegant

I love it. and the blankets are beautiful.

Linda said...

And there you had two beautiful pictures right there for the meme! I love how the blankets are draped around the church - that is just beautiful!

As for candles, I think I need to get up and blow out the way I've been burning today. Not for ambiance mind you but for the scent - I'm afraid there isn't much need for ambiance in my life anymore. You and Ralph enjoy it, okay?!?

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Great shots, I love them both. Wow those blankets are amazing.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

So, from nothing you ended up with TWO somethings...

Nicely done!

Raven said...

I miss candles. I'm afraid to light them because I'm afraid Angel (cat) will burn the house down. She would think it was great fun to push it off whereever it was sitting or find some other way to wreak havoc. The blankets are wonderful.

Risa Tzohar said...

Lovely photos!

Leora said...

I love the idea that you and Ralph both blog. I find that fascinating! Such a nice, romantic candle.

The blankets are really special. Thanks for visiting my foliage post two minutes after I hit publish!

Felisol said...

Hi, Patti,
I am all for the ambiance thing, candle light, music and a good meal.
Even an ordinary meal tastes better in the right atmosphere.

Our mornings and nights are getting colder and darker, therefor wee burn candlelight all the time.

I like the thought of Ralph and you having a good time together.

I also liked the idea of bringing handmade carpets to your church for blessings.
Must be a double warm gift for the veterans.
The warm heart finds its ways to bring comfort, always.

From Felisol