Saturday, November 17, 2007

She got out alive, that's what matters

Turning to friends in the blogosphere as I wait for my son to figure out how to set the time stamp on our camera.
I need the camera because I have to go photograph my mother's house. She was pulled from her bedroom window early this morning by a volunteer firefighter.

I just left her at the ER. She's getting pure oxygen now for the smoke inhalation, other than that no other injuries.
I"m off to see the damage, and try to get inside to get her insurance papers, pocketbook, etc.
Ralph is sitting in the van in the driveway, to make sure no one tries to get into the house.
He said the fire chief told him the house is uninhabitable.

It helps to talk to blog friends about this, though. And you know who you are. ;-)
I'll keep you updated.

This is not the best of Saturday mornings.

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh honey! i am so sorry to hear this! please keep us posted...

smiles and hugs, bee

Joan said...

OMG...I am so sorry to hear this but I am relieved to read your mom survived this ordeal despite the extensive damage to her home. Here's some {{hugs}} to help you and your mom get through the turmoil. Let us know...

Lynn said...

Yeow..."Not the best of Saturday mornings" sounds like quite an understatement. Thank goodness your mom got out o.k. What a mess! Know that I am sending you, Ralph and your mom((hugs)) as you all now set upon the task of sorting everything out. Please keep us informed.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh. Thank the good Lord your Mom got out alive and thank the good Lord for the volunteer firefighter who puller her out!

Best wishes to all of you and do keep us posted. Your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers!

The Curmudgeon said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. Hope your mother's injury isn't too serious.

the moose buyer said...

Thank God your mom is ok and I also say thank God for the Fireman. I hope things your mom treasures can be found. Everything else can be replaced. I have added your mom to our Moose prayer chain.

Mimi Lenox said...

Oh Patti. I just read this. I am so sorry to hear it. I am praying, praying, praying for all all concerned.

Thinking of you and yours....

Casdok said...

How truly awful.
Sending you all hugs

Odat said...

OMG I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank heaven she's ok tho..that's what counts...Sending you and your Mom some hugs and prayers...hang in there!
Peace