Friday, November 30, 2007

One extreme to the other

When out of the ordinary, stressful stuff happens I've found that my reactions range from realizing how meaningless the crap I surround myself with is to what the heck, why not buy more crap because life is too short. Am I making any sense?

I mean most of the things that are smoke damaged in my mother's house are not worth trying to save. With the exception of photographs, a few antiques and some jewelry. But when something happens I guess we all realize we need a lot less stuff than we have managed to collect over the years, that's for sure.

I am starting to get myself confused. And because I am overtired, my wish is to be able to cry. But my anti-anxiety medication prohibits me from doing so. Not a tear shed.

OK, back to work.

9 comments:

the moose buyer said...

Ok, take a deep breath, count to 10 slowly letting the air out, then keep breathing in and out slowly until you find your body relaxing, all the while, thinking yourself to relax. That's what self hypnosis is and You my blog buddy really need a STRONG dose of this right now.

Let me know if it works.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

if it is not something you love, toss it, it will smell forever i am afraid. how is mom?

smiles and hugs, bee

Patti said...

Moosie: I will try it

Bee: I agree it will smell forever! I am ready to help tossing stuff.
She is doing OK, thanks

Linda said...

How about I cry for you? I've been on the verge of tears all week and I would be happy to shed some for a worthy cause!

Hang in there, it will get better.

Lynn said...

Stess can really take it toll on you. Be gentle with yourself. Take one thing at a time, breathe in and breathe out and know that there is no right way to feel. ((hugs))

Patti said...

Linda: I'm sorry you are having a bad week. Shed a few if it makes you feel better and try to have a good weekend. It's December !

Lynn: I'm off this morning to pick up my daughter to attend a family baby shower. I have a gift bag full of pink and white packages and hopefully it will cheer me.
Hope you have a good weekend, Lynn. ;-)

Odat said...

I'll cry for ya...."Tears water the soul"......
Hang in there....it will get better.
Peace

Patti said...

thanks for filling in, Odat!

Mimi Lenox said...

No wonder you are confused. Aren't you the and Ralph the glue holding all this chaos together? It must be extremely emotional for you to sift through these things. I'm sorry you're going through this.
How is your mother?