Saturday, November 24, 2007

Always keep your sense of humor ~ that's the key

I haven't been visiting blog friends lately, but I am going to eventually!
I have read all your comments and I thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
My mother is doing pretty well...better every day. Most importantly, she has kept her sense of humor through all this.
She needs all new clothes and for the first time in her life she is living in sweat suits. Yesterday I got her a pair of pull-on denims and a nice sweater that hopefully will fit.

This morning she is going to go get her hair washed and cut. She has been wearing wigs for the last five years since losing her hair from cancer treatments. Her hair has grown back, thankfully, and is pretty 'wispy.' So this will be a good morning.

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh patti don't hate me. please. i just had this thought "boy will she be easy to shop for this christmas!". i'm sorry. i really am. couldn't help myself...

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Bee: you are one funny woman! Thanks for hanging in with me. ;-)

Joan said...

I'm happy to read your mom has maintained her sense of humor...sometimes that's all it takes to get us through the bad times. And getting a new wardrobe and a new hairstyle will be a nice new beginning for her.

Lynn said...

Sounds like your mother is on the road to recovery...thanks goodness.

Linda said...

You couldn't be more right - a sense of humor is most definitely key. So glad to hear that you mom has kept hers throughout this ordeal!

Casdok said...

So glad to hear your mum is doing well.
New clothes, new hair do! Sounds like she will be a new woman!

the moose buyer said...

Good for your mom that she has kept her sense of humor. Just proves there are some things fire absolutely cannot destroy and a sense of humor and laughter are two of them. I sure hope the two of you love clothes shopping. The stores will love you both that's for sure.

Odat said...

I love Moms with a sense of humor...bless her and you!
Peace

Mimi Lenox said...

I hope you and your mother had a good day.