Monday, October 6, 2008

Creative Photography #14-1

Last Wednesday afternoon, Linus, one of our two felines, alerted me to look up at the front window screen and this is what I saw clinging to it. I grabbed my trusty Canon PowerShot A550 and took some photos from inside, but they were too dark.
I went out and took several more as he walked up the leaves of this plant in front of the window. (can't remember the name of the plant at the moment).
I liked this one the best. All I did to it was increase the contrast a tad. It looks like a praying mantis to me, but it's brown. I thought they were green.

It's my entry in Roger's Creative Photography contest this week.
Visit him at Idaho Photo and join the fun!

10 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

That is amazing!! Wonder what he's praying about?

Linda said...

Ewwww ... I can handle snakes and lizards living in the house but these particular bugs just creep me out to no end!

I believe this one is actually a "Walking Stick" rather than a Praying Mantis. They look very much alike ... and the female still bites off the male's head after sex!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

That is a preying mantis...the bottom is green...they can be brown or green...walking sticks are much less 'dense'

Enigma said...

An awesome shot! Great macro!!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Nice macro capture of it..
Good luck in the contest! :)

Napaboaniya APAD

Bob Johnson said...

Hey very cool!

Ralph said...

Excellent camouflage...

RW said...

praying mantis are cool! They are my most favorite bug. Sorry I have been a bit of a ghost Patti! Awesome shot!

Dianne said...

sorry to be late, things are catching up to me a bit

Linus must have been very interested, same thing happened to Siren!!

This shot is great, love the angle!!

Unknown said...

Sorry for catching up late, Patti!
I'm glad I did - that's one awesome capture!!!

Good luck!

Sanni @ Life...