Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not the time to forget your camera

I took a hike Sunday afternoon.
The weather was absolutely perfect: blue skies, sunny and warm, but not too warm.
The company - several co-workers who got together off the playing field - was a lot of fun.
And the foliage was spectacular. Gorgeous fall colors at every turn as we climbed 1.6 miles up the mountain known as Sleeping Giant, in a state park in Hamden, Ct.
We took the Tower Trail, the easiest of several trails, thank goodness. At the top is the tower, or "castle," that affords a beautiful view of Greater New Haven.


The only problem was I accidentally left my camera at home.
I hate when that happens.

Here's a photo from the Sleeping Giant Park Association's site. It gives you an idea of what this old giant is all about.

Ralph was there too. He started up the trail, where it was a gravel path, but his six-wheeler couldn't get too far.
He waited almost two hours for us to return. He people watched, but didn't even break into the picnic lunch I had packed! Of course I felt bad when I found out he hadn't eaten. I didn't realize the walk would take that long.

I plan to get back there at some point. Let's hope I remember my camera.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

You may have forgotten your camera, but those sure are pretty photos that you posted! I'm thinking there wasn't any chocolate cake in that lunch, or Ralph may not have been able to wait : )

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow, interesting place!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

that is a long walk, if i was ralph i would of eaten everything by time you got back.

Linda said...

You forgot your camera?!? Oh my gosh, I would have been devastated! But, like you said, now you have a great reason to go back again!

Ralph has great restraint! Bravo to him!

Dianne said...

my niece went to Quinnipiac, you could see Sleeping Giant from her room

Beautiful places up there.