Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh me, oh my! I really won?

My gratitude goes out today to blog friend Roger at Idaho Photo and all of the judges in his Creative Photography contest: Leslie, Chica, Dale, Elaine, and Dianne, for awarding me first prize in Week #11 of Roger's popular competition.

Woo hoo! I was taken aback when I read Roger's comment on my blog this morning congratulating me. Thanks, merci, gracias, grazie!

Seeing that I am a bit sad :-( because our daughter returned to college yesterday and our son is going off to his freshman year of college tomorrow, this honor has surely brightened my day.
I shall proudly display this award on my sidebar.

And now an impromptu one-minute photo shoot from Wednesday morning's catnap:

(Are you taking our picture again Mommy?)

(Oh well, guess we'll just go back to sleep.)

11 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh good for you honey!!! congratulations!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lynn said...

Congratulations on your award! Kid 1 leaving...boo hoo...Kid 2 leaving waaaa waaa. When will they be back?

Linda said...

Many congratulations and it just goes to show that "creative" doesn't mean a picture that's been done to death in Photoshop or something!

Well deserved, Princess of Photography! I bow to your greatness!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

You deserved it Patti :)
Congratulations!!!

Elaine @ Napaboaniya APAD

Dianne said...

Congratulations Patti!! How cool is that :)

Love the catnappers - they mirror each other's pose - it's fabulous

and the sweet blue throw with the moon on it is a perfect backdrop

Have a great holiday weekend lady.

Oh - and don't be too down about the empty nest. My son is 35 and we're sharing a house now, and he brought a wife. They always come back! lol

RW said...

Congats again Patti! And those cats look sleepy just like me lol! :D

Joan said...

Wahoo...congratulations on your award...it's definitely well-deserved. Keep pointing and shooting!!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

And I said it succinctly.
See how I'm improving?

OK, Mimi. Hush now.
Sigh.

Michele said...

Contratulations Patti! I knew you could do it!

Michele said...

*Congratulations* sigh...

Gattina said...

Congratulations !!
Your cats are cute ! I have 5 !! (you can see them on my cat blog !)