Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another busy week

I haven't been spending as much time as I'd like to spend in the blogosphere in recent days.

I thought I might share a story I wrote that was published today. A guy who has allegedly been abusing animals for some time was taken into custody last Friday.
Some of the facts of the case about animal abuse are enough to turn one's stomach. That's a warning from me to my animal lover friends.

Animal lover haunted by guilt

By Patricia Villers
Register Staff
ANSONIA — Irene Hudobenko says she lives each day with guilt after the death of a kitten she adopted out to a former city resident who has since been charged with 10 counts of cruelty to animals.

Read the full story here.

Melanie Stengel/Register
Irene Hudobenko cuddles her kitten, Chance, while holding a photo of his brother, My Little Boy. The two kittens were adopted by an Ansonia man, Jay C. Baldwin, who has since been charged with 10 counts of animal cruelty. My Little Boy died June 2 while in Baldwin’s care, and Hudobenko says an autopsy on My Little Boy showed “hemorrhages in the face, eyes and brain.” Chance and My Little Boy were among six stray kittens Hudobenko had rescued in April, along with their mother.


4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i have no words for someone that would do such a thing. how sad. how very sad...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Mimi Lenox said...

How sad. What kind of person....

maryt/theteach said...

Patti, I awarded you with the Kick Ass Blogger Award. Come and get it! :)

Patti said...

Bee: I have no words either. Too awful for words.

Mimi: He is mentally ill for sure.

Mary: Thanks for thinking of me! I've got my next Ruby Tuesday all set to go. ;-)