Thursday, August 28, 2008

Memories in B & W

My cousin Dennis, the boy on the left, recently sent me some very old family photos and this is one of the cutest.
That's moi on the right in the sexy suit standing in my fancy backyard pool with three of my cousins.
What I found fascinating is where this photo faded - right in the corner where my late father is seen smiling as he is walking up the back steps.
To me it's like he is looking down at us from Heaven. I wish I had more photos of him. We didn't take that many pictures when I was young, I guess.
I still think of things to ask him, things that only he would know about, even though he died in 1976.
I always felt like he had all the answers to all my questions. That's what daddies are for, right?

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love old photos, thanks for sharing yours...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I really love the black and white. precious memories.

Mimi Lenox said...

Your father on the steps....wow.

RW said...

Great Ol'photo Patti!

And congratulations again on your win in Creative Photography! :D

Michele said...

Very nice post, Patti. Thanks for sharing your memory.

Lynn said...

Yeah...that's what daddies are for. I miss mine too = (

Linda said...

That really is a perfect place for a glowing fold to be and what a lovely thought to go along with it.

P.S, I remember backyard pools like this - we had one at my favorite grandfather's house!