Friday, August 15, 2008

Political incorrectness

In the spirit of the Olympics being held in Beijing, and it being a Friday afternoon in the summer and all, I share some stuff from the e-mail bag:

Left is English, right column is Chinese translation. Read them out loud:


That's not right! Sum Ting Wong


Are you harboring a fugitive? Hu Yu Hai Ding


See me ASAP Kum Hia Nao


Small Horse Tai Ni Po Ni


Did you go to the beach? Wai Yu So Tan


I bumped into a coffee table! Ai Bang Mai Ni


I think you need a face lift! Chin Tu Fat


It's very dark in here! Wai So Dim


I thought you were on a diet! Wai Yu Mun Ching


This is a tow away zone! No Pah King


Our meeting is scheduled for next week! Wai Yu Kum Nao


Staying out of sight Lei Ying Lo


He's cleaning his automobile Wa Shing Ka


Your body odor is offensive Yu Stin Ki Pu


Great Su Pa


And some culinary suggestions for the adventurous (I might try the corn, but that's it). I'm glad I'm not at the Olympics.




5 comments:

Prill Boyle said...

Hi Patti,

I’m considering myself “called." And you’re right, we’ve got “stuff in common. “

I’m a Connecticut writer (although I don’t have a succinct bone in my body), a boomer bloomer blogger, and I love show tunes. Enough said? Anyway, fun blog! Love your sense of humor! Love all the photos!

P.S. In case you’re wondering, I found your site via Google Alerts. Because I write about late bloomers, I have an alert on that term.

Prill Boyle said...

Whoops. I forgot to give you a link to my site, in case you're interested: http://defyinggravitynow.blogspot.com.

Linda said...

Yu tu fun ni! Or something like that! My Chinese is rusty.

Gee, perhaps I should move to China for awhile, it appears that going on a diet there wouldn't be too difficult at all!

Of course now I am left wondering how many lizards they had to kill for those legs on a stick? Looks like it had to be lots and lots and lots!

Michele said...

OH MY GAWD! These are hilarious! My hubby was reading these over my shoulder and we were just cracking up! Thanks for the laughs!

Steph said...

You so funny...(that's supposed to sound Chinese...instead it just looks like poor grammar. Or that I just forgot the word "are"...oh well)

Anyhoo...I just found you and you crack me up! Love the translations.