Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday thoughts

"Thinking? What's that? I'm just waiting for that squirrel to come back." ~ Linus


I usually try to keep things light and breezy on my blog, to amuse myself if nothing else. There's so much heavy stuff in the world and this is my small way of keeping things upbeat.

Today I veer toward the serious. Last week I wrote a story about the increasing need for donations at local food banks, a trend that seems to be happening in many states.
A local non-profit organization saw a drop in its collection at its annual Valentine's Day "Valley Has a Heart" food drive. You can read the story here.

Those of us who are blessed to be able to buy whatever we want at the grocery store should think about buying a little extra to donate to a food pantry. It will make a difference in someone's life.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

great post.
and great photo too!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxooxxoxo

Anonymous said...

We always donate, because but for the grace of God...

Linus, did you get that squirrel, honey?

Linda said...

I was thinking today that it must be nice to be able to go to a store and buy whatever you want without trying to calculate in your head if you're going to have enough to pay for it.

I don't want to be rich, I just don't want to have to worry about every single penny but at least I have pennies to worry about while I know others have virtually nothing. There should be boxes set up all grocery stores all the time and not just one special occasions that we could all drop a few things into. People get hungry on more than just holidays.

Gattina said...

It's sad, we had the same here in Belgium !
your cat is so cute !

HRG at Sacred Ruminations said...

You make a wonderful point ... sharing with others is a wise choice. Love your kitty and her thoughts too ;-)

As for the sepia photo (and the one you made it from) ... sometimes I get carried away playing with pictures too, but I find the results fascinating all the same.

Hugs and blessings,