Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Saturday smile


Ode to our felines


I call them “The Brothers Furr,”


But they’re also known as “The Boys.”


Although they often purr,


They rarely make much noise.


They’ve nearly destroyed our house,


And have yet to catch a mouse.


They never fail to lighten my mood,


Even while begging for food.


I guess it’s really not fair,


To complain of dander in the air.


Picking up fur is my task each day,


But I don’t let it get in the way.


For these cats reside in my heart,


And I promise them we never will part.



5 comments:

Linda said...

I think that I shall never read,
An ode more lovely - true indeed!
They may cause havoc & rip things apart,
But the Brothers Fur have snagged your heart!

Patti said...

That's great, Linda! Thanks for playing along!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you and linda both are quite the poets! and of course the felines are the stars...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

CrAzY Working Mom said...

So cute! Thanks for the smile.

Barb said...

My task each day is picking up Fur For Four; Gandalf, Grayson, Whitey and Gracie! And then there's the Litter Box Detail!

A lovely poem. I like to write haiku from time to time and pair it with a photo, but I have been much too busy to wax poetic lately!