Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday morning thoughts

I am getting ready to teach a Sunday School class, ages 4-7. There are four kids, unless we have a guest.

This week's bible verse is from Matthew, Chapter 6: "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
The lesson is drawn from the story of "a rich young man," found in Matthew Chapter 19, verses 16-23.
The game we are going to play is "It's Just Money." I like that concept! That's why I'm writing about it. ha ha
I'm reminded of a former co-worker many years ago. She was a wonderful woman with a great sense of humor, who died in her early 50s. I remember her saying once, "The money comes, and the money goes" when a group of us (underpaid folks) were having lunch.
'Tis so true. I'm continually trying not to get anxious about the bills, and writing about my financial worries helps a bit.

But back to the simplified Bible story: The "It's Just Money" game will have me hiding play money around the room. The children have to find the money, and I will ask them how they felt when they were looking for it (anxious to find it) and ask them if there are things that money cannot buy. Of course the answer is yes, and I'll mention hope, love, joy, and peace.

I am writing this in part to prepare for the lesson, but also because I'm trying to remind myself that I'm blessed, and I do have those things that money cannot buy.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

money cannot buy so many wonderful things...

love
time
health

but it can buy cake!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Robin said...

A nice lesson in perspective - for the teacher as well as the pupils.

happily retired gal said...

Seems like a great topic ... hope the lesson went well.
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Bee's comment cracked me up. *LOL*

I hope the lesson went well and that you had a "guest" or two. :)