Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sepia scenes


I snapped this the other day when the sun was shining. You can see remnants of snow in the background. Today in Connecticut we are having STEADY snow coming down. All I see is white as I look out the slider at the patio and nearby forsythia bushes.
Ralph and I are snowbound with our two kitty cats ... such as the one you see below:

It's Rigby! One of my favorite photo subjects. He and his brother, Linus, love cardboard boxes.
I tried to sepia-fy most of the photo yet keep his signature black and white fur. Ha!
I don't have any technical explanations for what I did; it was just trial and error using iPhoto.

So that's about it from snowy-land. Stay safe and warm!

See many more sepia photos here, at Mary T's blog of the same name.

12 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Jeffries said...

Darn typos. I'll try this again.

Hi Patti, I was just visiting at Ralph's site. What a snow you are having. Kitty looks just as comfy as I hope you and Ralph are. As long as the wireless stays up, all should be well, yes? Annie

Leora said...

Oh, I love the cat photo. And the pressed flowers is lovely - nice to have in one's window.

Yes, we've got the steady snow, too. I took a few photos.

Anonymous said...

Rigby. What a neat name for a cat! Nice shots. Stay warm.

Carletta said...

Love the flowers in glass! Wouldn't it be nice to see sun though. Same here - steady snow and oh so cold.
Rigby looks cozy. You did a great job with the selective sepia!
Stay warm.

Marice said...

great preservation! love the flower and the cat looks really comfy on that!

u may view mine here

Felisol said...

Beautiful flowers in the window. I love what sepia does with the details of the photo.
The cat in the box is not longing out at all.
He's living the good cat life.

Linda said...

It's only been gone for a day and yet I truly miss the sun! Our snow has stopped here for the moment but I'm afraid to think what it's going to do later. Is this one of those famous "calm before the storm" kind of things??

EG CameraGirl said...

Love your natural sepia scenes. Gotta love cats and boxes!

teresa said...

Photos are great! Your cat looks snug as a bug in a rug in that box. Funny how they always like boxes and bags.

Anonymous said...

The flowers are very pretty & Rigby is a HIT! I think the black & white looks great w/ the rest of the shot sepia! Great work

kayerj said...

those pretty pressed flowers look lovely in sepia.