Thursday, May 31, 2007

Girls only: Wardrobe update

So the black pants that look like a chiffony skirt didn't fit. They might have fit a couple of decades and more than a couple of pounds ago.
But magically I found a skirt that I hadn't worn in several years in my closet. Even more magically it fit!
It's Navy blue. I know, it sounds weird. I wish it were black. But it's probably going to be a crowded reception, and hopefully no one will notice.

After I tried the skirt on, I called my friend/newly-hired fashion consultant and asked her what she thought about wearing Navy. Terry hesitated but then said the sparkly tops will draw the eye away from the solid Navy bottom. She is so supportive. And I will be so dazzling.

To top it off, she offered to drop off three evening bags for my consideration this afternoon after work (the school at which she teaches is around the corner from our house...I had to say "at which she teaches" because Terry is an English teacher).

Details to follow.

13 comments:

Joan said...

Three evening bags??? Who has 3 evening bags?!?!?!? Oh wait...actually I do. Now the big question...will we see a photo of you in this stunning outfit? Pretty please...

Patti said...

you might, maybe just from the neck down.

Sarah Caron said...

Photos! We want photos! Your public is calling for a visual outing of the Late Bloomer!

Patti said...

a visual outing???
eek

Patti said...

P.S. Sarah, I will try to be good at this wedding.
Notice I said "try"

sari said...

have a good time!

Lynn said...

I'm thinking, if it's o.k. to wear black to a wedding, navy blue would be fine too. I can't wait to see pictures (even if you insist that they have to be from the neck down) cause I'll be taking notes for the August wedding that I have to attend.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yes, photos please.

smiles, bee

ps: i want to see the head too!

Lynn said...

I want to see the head as well, but will settle for less if necessary:~)

Patti said...

everybody wants to see my head!
this is scary. Sarah is the lucky one. She knows me.
Lynn: we haven't seen your head either
;-)

Sarah Caron said...

Patti, beware of the ramp, my dear. We all know where that can lead! I don't like bizarre surprises like coming back from my honeymoon to find my friend's turned into Patti Scissorhands.

Patti said...

Sarah: I was very careful last night. Plus my mom was with us, so I was pretty much on my best behavior.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Lauded as one of the top ten DJ's in the world, Ferry Corsten has made quite a name for himself in the trance and techno music world over the past couple of decades. In 2009 Deadmau5 was nominated for a Grammy for his remix of the track "The Longest Road" by Morgan Page featuring Lissie in the category of "Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical"In 2010 he won a Juno Award in the category of Dance Recording of the Year for the album "For Lack of a Better Name". Kanye West – “Heartless” Mixed With Lady Gaga – “Lovegame”.

Review my website ... daft punk random access memories zip