Monday, March 1, 2010

Ruby Tuesday ~ gnomes and babies

This is a continuation of last week's Ruby Tuesday story about my injured gnomes. I forgot to put this gnome in the photo too. He lost a leg a few winters ago to the snow thrower.
I took this photo in the dark as an experiment. 'Night mode' worked.

And this is baby Cameron and me at a family get-together in '91. He's 6 foot-3 now.
That's one of his aunts trying to touch his chubby leg.

See that? Ralph isn't the only one who can dig into our family photo archives to come up with a photo for blog posting! I feel empowered.

Like this Ruby Tuesday badge? I do! I feel healthier just looking at it.

Leora W., author of Here in HP, is a talented artist, web site designer and developer who created the badge a while ago. She offered it up for the taking. So I finally took it! Thanks, Leora.

See many more photos with a little or a lot of red in them at Mary T's Work of the Poet.

11 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Patti, I knew that was Cameron right away! I'm sorry for your gnome... How did you get it to stand on one leg, huh? Huh? :)

Carletta said...

Patti, I don't think it's safe being a gnome at your house. :)
'Night mode' worked really well.
What a lovely pic of you and Cameron. Where does the time go...

Dianne said...

I love the night mode result
I agree with Carletta, it's not an easy life for gnomes at your place
and they are resilient

Cameron is adorable
and you look lovely

Rambling Woods said...

Oh poor gnome..can he lean... I love to look at older photos..I should dig some of up mine and see if I can't get the darn scanner to work. It doesn't usually cooperate with me... Michelle

Hootin Anni said...

Hard to believe, isn't it? That those cute bundles of joy grow to be over 6 feet tall?

The gnome needs ER...quick!!

My R T today is A Ruby Ship's Bollard This is my invitation for you to come pay me a visit if you can find time!!

Have a super, great day!

Anonymous said...

Poor maimed gnome!
Cameron surely has grown.

♥ Kathy said...

I like the gnome even though he's injured :) Happy Ruby Tuesday

happily retired gal said...

Seems like life is hard for your gnomes. Love the walk down memory lane with you and Ralph. One of these days I'll dig through my own old prints and scan some ... eventually.
Hugs and bessings,

happily retired gal said...

Ooops ... my 'l' key sticks and I hit publish before I could add an 'l' to 'blessings' ... sigh!
Hugs and blessings,
Small Reflections

Marice said...

you both look great on the last photo :)

u may view mine here

Leora said...

Thanks for the nice endorsement on the badge. Love your dress and Cameron's cheeks.

I skipped Ruby Tuesday this week - life has gotten busy. All good things, but I like when I get to visit my photo meme friends.