Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Get up and blog

I didn't blog yesterday and I am currently suffering extreme withdrawal. Well, I'm exaggerating a trifle but between work and partying, I was one busy woman.
But I'm back this morning. YAY!!
Last night I attended a dinner marking a friend's installation as President of the local Rotary Club. She invited me as her guest, and I was honored. The room was pretty evenly divided between friends and family and her fellow club members.
I thought Rotarians were boring, until I started to get to know this club several years ago. I have covered some of their more interesting speakers at their weekly luncheons, when time and subject matter allow.
The members are all fairly crazy, in a good way.

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

glad you are back!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

thanks Bee..

Lynn said...

I wondered where you were. So what does one wear to a Rotary Club installation?...just in case I'm ever invited to one.

Joan said...

I was worried when I checked in and you weren't there...glad to see you're back after a short spell.

And in catching up on my blogger friends, I read about Ralph's layoff. Please know that the two of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti said...

Lynn - I wore a party dress, what else?
;-)

Joan - don't worry. I am here.

the moose buyer said...

Rotarians are like Moose members and full of fun. Actually any fraternal group is full of fun and that's why I am so active in a couple of clubs.

I am happy you had a great time and hope you get the chance to attend more functions.

Patti said...

thanks, Ms. Moose Buyer person!