Monday, July 20, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ motoring along

Ralph (aka Airhead 55 - who is also a gearhead) and daughter Allegra and I went to a classic car show Sunday, so I have several offerings for Ruby Tuesday this week:


The vintage vehicle display was on the grounds of the Shelton (Ct.) History Center, where this renovated red barn houses a museum with items and information that cover three centuries of the city's history.

This rickshaw-styled conveyance below was used as an ambulance after the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco. At least that is what it says on the piece of paper you see sitting on it. I thought it was pretty cool looking.

Here we have a police car from 1957.

It's a Chevy!
For more car show pics, visit the gearhead, Ralph, at Airhead 55.
For more Ruby Tuesday fun, visit Mary T at Work of the Poet.

9 comments:

Dora said...

Rickshaw used as an ambulance? So interesting.

Carletta said...

I love the second shot of the barn - nicely done Patti!
I noticed the police car in the first shot so I'm glad you showcased it. Reminds me of Mayberry. :)
Hope you're having a great week.

Jim said...

Patti, I like your old cars. You did good, some ladies aren't this keen about car shows.
Happy RT,
Jim's Ruby Red
..

EG CameraGirl said...

This must have been a great place to take your camera. ;-) The barn is in beautiful condition and the old cars are too.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

At the old red barn
we stopped by to see the sights—
oh, what great delights!

My Ruby Tuesday

Dianne said...

Car 54 Where Are You?
I can see them sitting in that car

love the barn!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Big ole red light on that police car

Dianne said...

I love that you noted the boy on the bike!!
I had several shots w/out him but opted to keep him for the exact reason you mentioned

great minds Patti ;)

Linda said...

A rickshaw for an ambulance - I never would have thought of it but it makes perfect sense considering the circumstances. And the red is really nice!

Glad that the weather cooperated for the rescheduled show!