Thursday, July 2, 2009

* Tour de floral *

Took some pix yesterday. Woo hoo!
The Yucca plant in front of the window finally bloomed. It usually is up and blooming on Father's Day. These stalks have gotten quite tall. When the flowers die I cut down the stalks, and miraculously they grow again the following year, even though the plant is indigenous to the desert.
I like the reflection of my car and of the stalk.

I call this 'purple perennial plant next to Yucca.'

I forgot the name of it, but it faithfully comes back each year. That's why they call it a perennial!
That's about all for today's tour. Have a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

thanks for the tour honey!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

I don't know what the purple perennial plant next to Yucca really is but it's purty! Nice to see that your flowers have finally decided to bloom - it certainly wasn't due to lack of water!