Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's cooking? Not much.

I can't seem to focus sometimes. If I doth not write things/events on the calendar, I doth forget.
I had completely forgotten about the fact we were invited to a get-together last night. I had been planning to bake a loaf of the Amish Friendship Bread after I was done with work and dinner and stuff.
Friday was Day 10, also known as "baking day." Now it's Day 11, so it must be too late. I think I shall have to throw out the starter batter. Notice how I don't seem too upset about this?

Safe to say this baking project was doomed from the start!

On the bright side, at least I was able to get several blog posts out of it. And we had a wonderful time at the party. Too much food, but a lot of laughs.

2 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

let me tell you a secret about that amish bread anyhow. it gives you gas. lots of it. i do not know why but it does. toss the stuff!

smiles, bee
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mimi Lenox said...

let me tell you a secret about that amish bread (in the vein of Empress Bee)....don't start it and you'll never have to worry about finishing it. Had I written "Day 11 Amish Bread" on my calendar, I would have headed off to Starbucks or some place fancy to find some or thought it was the name of a new rock band.