Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's the little things...

that can make you crazy.Or crazier, as the case may be.

Yesterday our less than a year-old coffeemaker conked out. Boo hiss!

Today I stopped at the grocery store to buy some * instant coffee * after dropping daughter off for work. I've been brewing coffee in the morning for myself and Ralph for many years, but I thought I'd try instant again. An emergency beverage, because tea just doesn't get me going in the morning.

Walked into supermarket and saw big display of blueberries, which I am addicted to. Buy one, get two free. Yahoo! Then I dropped one of the packages when someone said something to me..half of the container of blueberries goes rolling across the floor.
The produce manager comes running over and says "don't worry about it," but also says they are the "worst thing to drop"...so hard to pick up so many.
I felt like a jerk. Well I apologized and helped him pick them up.

So I get the instant coffee, come home, put water on to boil ... and cannot for the life of me open the jar. That lid is glued on there I think. Go back out, head to again, this time to Mickey D's and get a Newman's Own organics medium coffee, cream no sugar.

It tastes good, but I went through a lot of aggravation to get it, don't you think? I hope the rest of the day improves. Yikes. As for the coffee jar, I'll ask my strong son to open it when he gets up. I'm sure he will come to mama's rescue.

Little unimportant stuff going wrong is no big deal, 'tis true, but I thought I'd write about it anyway.

The End.

* Update: Cameron read my post and opened the jar when I wasn't home. What a kid!

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love posts like this! not that you had problems, but rather little glimpses into lives of friends...

and instant coffee isn't TOO bad.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: thanks! I haven't had instant in quite a while.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Patti,

There is nothing more aggravating than little things piling up all at once and first thing in the morning no less. Drives me crazy mainly because a lot of little things don't really matter but they sure pack a wallop don't they?

Very glad you had a Plan C for coffee since Plan B did not want to open up. You will have to post an update for today and let us know how the day improved.

AMB,
Annie

Patti said...

Annie: I'll try to do an update. Day has been uneventful since then.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Wow, now I am glad I don't drink coffee!

Patti said...

Vinny: so you are making fun of a caffeine addict?

Queen-Size funny bone said...

sometimes i think im going to have a heart attack trying to get into jars and things. especially all that child proof crap.