Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update of Monday's post about friendship bread

It seems I have no friends. :- (

At least none to whom I can pass along an Amish Friendship Bread starter. This is sad.
Tomorrow, which is baking day according to the instructions, my daughter is going to help me skip over a bunch of steps in the recipe and figure out how to use enough starter to make two breads...That means half of this mixture we've been mushing will be thrown out.

What else can I do? Hand a plastic bag of it to someone I meet in the grocery store and tell them to mush it?
I hate to waste, but I'm stumped here.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i sure am the wrong one to ask, i think i lost all my friends with that stuff! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Mimi Lenox said...

I've heard of such things.....maybe in a movie or something....I think I'm out of my element, dear Princess.

Mimi Lenox said...

I'd like to invite you to play The Queen's Meme every Tuesday with Mimi Queen of Memes.
The fun begins next week on July 14, 2009.
The Queen's Meme

I hope you will join us!
Mimi Lenox