Wednesday, November 5, 2008

May God bless America

I'm not affiliated with any political party. I voted for president yesterday, but not for the man who won.

I'm pretty middle of the road. I can see both sides of certain issues (wishy-washy, some might say).
But I fear what our President-elect has said he wants to do to change our wonderful country.

I respect his intelligence. I respect the barriers he was able to knock down and the history he has made, with his candidacy and his victory.

And I respect the nearly flawless campaign he ran, despite some of the over-the-top stuff. I was confused when he addressed the 200,000 or more people in Germany (they can't vote in the U.S. last time I checked), and when he used a Presidential seal lookalike.

My husband wrote this post first thing this morning to congratulate Barack Obama.

I disagree with how Obama plans to govern. But I congratulate him on his achievement. He will soon be the leader of the free world.
And I do wish him well, for the good of our United States.


6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i hope he moves to the center instead of, i fear, further to the left to satisfy the wants of the far left contributors to his campaign. i do not trust him because of his friends. my mother always told me i would be judged by the company i kept. she was right. i never forgot it either.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

I hope he moves to the center too.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

ACTIONS speak louder than words, I just hope people do not expect miracles immediately.

Dianne said...

how different we are Patti - I feel he is too center and has gone even more center over the course of the campaign.

BUT I appreciate your well wishes for him and I value our friendship.

I love my country and want her to be happy :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

No matter who had won the road is going to be difficult and I think there will need to be some left concessions, some right concession and some middle of the road concessions.

BUT, I also feel that he needs our support 100% ...not only if he "meets my needs"...that is what got us here in the first place.

Linda said...

In the words of someone whom I can't remember said it the first time - I will believe it when I see it.

Of course, I'm more of a "show me" person than a dreamer anyway so what do I know?